Ayisha's Birthday Cupcakes

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I've not gone crazy over cupcakes, but I have children who are born in the months of October, December, January and February and also a husband born in February, so expect more pictures of amateurish cakes and such.

Anyways.

Ayisha's birthday will be on the 1st December 2007. She'll turn 7. Yes she will. Only 7. The sad part about born that time of the year is that school's out. So, Mummy will always have to bring forward the celebration.

So, since this is the last week of the school year, I decided last week that today'll be the day. Cupcakes are still the easiest for me, so taking the cue from Adani's success. More cuppies today. A significant different though. I used buttercream icing, instead of the sugar icing. I prayed that it'd work and alhamdulillah it did. BTW, I got the recipe from CookingforEngineers website. Great great website!


All 52 of them cuppies for Asha to bring for her classmates.


Adani, Aliya, Ariz & Daddy's Cupcakes.


For Spinah, MoshTino, Hazel, Haiza, Ley & yts who all gobbled these up even before I could blink.


What's left of the icing.


Ayisha beamed this morning.

I'm just happy for her.

The cupcakes' are also therapy for me when I saw that she's number 31/39 in her class and 261 out of 313 children in the Standard 1. Aku sungguh sedih. Feel like a failure. I need help.

4 growls by fellow growlers ...:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the wonderful cupcakes. we want more! trust me people, they are scrumplicious!

spinah-me-not

Miss H said...

the cup cakes are spectacular(like kak spinah xxx xxxx)...many more cup cakes after this, i beg...pleazzzzzz......

Anonymous said...

bet you nonche's more spectacular with the help of you-know-what. and haiza, ko mmg nak kena!

spinah-me-not

Anonymous said...

Qoute from your writing "I've not gone crazy over cupcakes, but I have children who are born in the months of October, December, January and February and also a husband born in February,"...sekali baca macam you have husbands born in different months pulak :))